Mi-Pod by Smoking Vapor | Pocketable and Refillable

Mi-Pod Intro

You might remember the Mi-One. It looked like a miniature high-end mod in pictures, but it was actually an affordable entry-level vape. Some well-known reviewers like GrimmGreen fell in love with the tiny, refillable all-in-one system made by a company called Smoking Vapor.

They’re back with another one called the Mi-Pod. It shares a similar form factor with the Mi-One, only this time it uses refillable pods. Just fill up the pod, plug it in the device and vape. If this new device performs as well as the original Mi-One, fans of refillable pod vapes may want to consider it.

Colors:

Metal collection – rainbow, gold, white and black

Digital collection – grey, orange, blue and black

Price: $49.99

Note: The Mi-Pod also comes in a variety of exclusive designs on the Smoking Vapor website.

Mi-Pod Gallery

Mi-Pod Specs and Features

Kit Content

  • 1 Mi-Pod device
  • 2 refillable pods
  • 1 micro-USB charging cable
  • 1 user manual

Specifications

  • Power mode: full-power output
  • Output voltage: 3.0 – 4.2 V
  • Maximum current: 15 A
  • Battery: built-in 950 mAh square high-drain lithium battery
  • Cartridge resistance range: 1.0 Ω
  • Power display: blue
  • purple and red

Notable Remarks

A pod-style AIO

Mi-pod

Smoking Vapor must’ve had a good year in 2017 with the release of the Mi-One. Apparently, they’ve been watching the market, and noticed that pod-style vapes may be the next big wave. Building upon their success, the Mi-Pod takes their original product in a slightly different direction. Instead of filling the actual device (built-in tank), this one uses swappable 2 mL pods with built-in coil heads.

Just like the Mi-One, the Mi-Pod includes a detachable lanyard, which is sort of a throwback to the old eGo-style pens (and to the Mi-One). If you get the optional chain with it, you can also hang it from your neck. I think I’ll stick to keeping in my pocket.

Form factor

Mi-pod

I’ve seen the Mi-Pod in photos and videos, but I wasn’t completely prepared for just how little it is. The device is easily concealed in my palm (and I have small hands), and it’s thin and lightweight. Compared to the Aspire Gusto Mini, the Mi-Pod is similar in width, shorter in height and much thinner. If you ever saw the original Mi-One, this thing is the same size only a lot slimmer.

I opted for the gold metallic edition, but they come in a wide range of colors and styles. It also feels great in the hand, weighing in at just under 45 grams. The Mi-Pod body is made of plastic, but the metallic version is covered in thin metal plates, making it a fingerprint magnet.

The digital collection uses textured decal stickers instead, which may be subject to peeling off — don’t pick at it! On the metal version, you’ll find Elvish engravings on the sides. According to Ruby Roo, one of them apparently says “one vape to rule them all”. I didn’t know they had a word for vape.

On both versions, next to the mouthpiece, there is a tiny metal plate with faux screws engraved in it, which looks like it’s from the early nineties. In addition, the Mi-Pod “M” logo on the body of the device functions as your e-liquid window and has a similar outdated design aesthetic.

Fill ‘er up

Mi-pod-filling

The downfall of many pod vapes is the actual filling process. This was not an issue with the Mi-Pod at all. Just unplug the rubber seal and fill it up. I like how the rubber piece doesn’t come out completely, reducing your chances of losing it — similar to the Suorin Air. The pods snap into place with an audible click.

Using a needle-tip or unicorn bottle is optimal, but I found that you can just fill these pods with a typical glass dropper bottle if you do it extra carefully. The Mi-Pod is optimal with nic salts, but you can technically use any juice containing less than 70% VG.

Not a fire button

Mi-pod-concerns

The power button is extremely tiny at just under 4 mm in width and about 1.5 mm in height. It protrudes out only a tiny bit. Fortunately, it’s only for switching it on and off and I see no reason to run it off since it’s draw-activated. Five quick clicks of the button to initiate the device. A blinking LED light shines through the clear mouthpiece, indicating that the Mi-Pod is ready. It’s draw-activated, so you can just puff on it without pushing a button. To enter stealth mode, just hold the power button for 5 seconds. Now that my coil is primed up and ready, let’s have a vape!

Performance

Mi-pod

So far, I’m getting decent flavor off this little thing. I think it has to do with the organic cotton wicking. No dry or burnt hits, although it takes about a day to fully break in the pods. The vapor production is solid for a 1.0-ohm coil. When in use, it makes a high-pitch crackling sound.

The draw is airy, yet still suitable for MTL vaping. I’m more of a direct lung vaper, yet I’m still able to get a satisfying restricted lung hit off the Mi-Pod. If you prefer a tighter draw, you can always cover the airflow hole with your thumb while vaping. A minor inconvenience, but you won’t find many pod mods with adjustable airflow.

I’m not sure if it was even fully charged when I received it, but I already got through a full pod, refilled it, and it’s still going. I think the Mi-Pod can get you through nearly a full day of vaping, especially with high-nic juice (but it will depend on how much you vape). Its 950 mAh battery puts out around 15 watts on a 1.0-Ohm coil.

I have been using the Mi-Pod as a companion to my tanks and mods for a couple of days now. It’s still putting out good flavor, and I haven’t gotten any dry or burnt hits to speak of. I did experience a little bit of gurgling and spit-back after laying it down on its side overnight.

Concerns

The major cons that I’ve found with the Mi-Pod so far is that the mouthpiece feels awkward in my mouth due to its shape, and can get a little too warm on my lower lip sometimes. If you don’t chain vape it, that shouldn’t be a huge concern, but is worth mentioning. I also noticed that the micro-USB port looks a bit lopsided on a few of the devices that I’ve seen, but I haven’t had any issues charging it thus far. For the price, they should have better quality control.

Smoking Vapor has a positive track record regarding customer satisfaction. They’re based in the U.S., and stand behind all their products. If you receive a faulty pod or device, they seem to be more than happy to replace it.

Likes

  • Slim and lightweight
  • Uses refillable pods
  • Decent flavor for a pod mod
  • Good customer service
  • 950 mAh battery life
  • Suitable for DL or MTL vaping
  • Pods firmly lock into place
  • Micro-USB passthrough
  • Draw-activated (no fire button)

Dislikes

  • Decals can be peeled off (on non-metallic version)
  • Micro-USB port looks crooked
  • Mouthpiece feels a bit awkward
  • Gets warm on lips when chain vaping
  • Power button is very tiny
  • Pricey for a pod mod

Verdict

The Mi-Pod is a pretty good stealth-sized vape. But for the build quality, I feel the device itself is overpriced. Luckily, the pod prices and performance may just even things out a bit. The refillable pods sell for $9 for a 2 pack on the SV website. Based on my experience with two pods, they’re good for about 7-9 refills each. Assuming one pod fill per day, $9 should get you close to (if not more than) two weeks of usage.

Overall I am pleased with the vape of the Mi-Pod, and I like the size and the form factor. There are a few design choices I don’t care for, and I have some issues with the construction, but I find myself reaching for it without hesitation. In the end, the most important thing to me is that I like using it. If you can look past some of its flaws, the performance is good enough for me to recommend to those that like refillable pod vapes.

Have you tried the Mi-One? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

Save 10%

Comments

  1. Tropic King Salt Nic E-Liquid is a range of premium flavor profiles that stands for forward thinking and the next evolution of a smoke-free lifestyle. This king line of tropic flavors gives a heaven-like vape treat to vapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very complete and informative blog. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to share your knowledge.

    Fogg Vape

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. CBD balms UK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts