Vaporesso Luxe & SKRR Tank | Key Features & First Impressions

Vaporesso Luxe & SKRR tank intro

Vaporesso is one of those brands that seem to know what vapers want. The Luxe mod & SKRR tank is their most recent sub ohm setup. It features the advanced OMNI 4.0 chipset and promises 220 watts of power. The box mod has a vivid TFT 2″ color screen, with a similar interface to the Armour Pro. It has a sophisticated look with an intuitive touch control system and ultrafast 2.5A charging.

The kit is topped off with the new SKRR sub ohm tank. It looks like an evolved version of the Cascade tank incorporating a new quad-airflow design. The 8 mL tank is 30 mm in diameter at the widest part and 27.8 at the top and base. There are also a variety of coils available, each one coming with their own advantages. Here’s what I thought about the kit after trying it out for a couple of days…

Price: $62.90 at VapeSourcing
Colors: black, silver, red, multicolored, bronze, green ape, iris

Vaporesso Luxe & SKRR kit specs and features

vaporesso-luxe

Specifications

Tank capacity: 8 mL / 2 mL
Display: 2 inch TFT color screen
Battery: 2 x 18650 (not included)
Power range: 5-220 watts
Resistance range: 0.03~5 ohms

Kit contents

LUXE with SKRR Tank (8 mL)
QF Strip coil 0.15Ω (pre-installed)
QF Meshed coil 0.2 ohms
Replacement glass tube (5 mL)
Silicone case
O-rings
USB cable
User guide
Warranty card

Rugged sophistication

vaporesso-luxe

The SKRR has a modern look, reminiscent of the Cascade tank. It comes with a standard convex glass that holds a crap ton of e-juice! Before you can fill it, you need to unscrew the sparkly 810 stock drip tip which unlocks the top-fill mechanism. It’s a pretty clever design, but you can always use your own drip tips too. I couldn’t believe how much e-juice I was able to dump into this thing.

I loaded it up with one of my favorite flavors (raspberry lemonade) and opted for the 0.15-ohm QF Strip coil. This one combines a mesh-y looking “strip” coil design with a wicking material that is a mix of cotton and flax fiber. The other two options include a traditional mesh coil with the same wicking material and a CCell ceramic coil for temp control mode.

Once the coil was primed, I took my first puff at around 50 watts. After the coil was broken in, I noticed that I was getting evenly saturated flavor. It was never too wet, and I didn’t get any dry hits. The airflow was incredibly smooth. It isn’t too loud, but I wouldn’t call it silent either. Either way, I am digging the new quad-flow system. The QF flax fiber coil provides some solid flavor, just a notch ahead of the original Cascade tank using standard NRG cores.

The tank kept up even at 90 watts, and didn’t ever get too hot to handle. I found my preferred vape to be at around 50-55 watts, just below the minimum recommended wattage, to be honest. The design is supposed to eliminate spitback, and I must say it does exactly that. Vaporesso also claims that the tank is leak-resistant. It is early to tell, but I didn’t have any leaking whatsoever in the two days I have been using it so far.

QF coils are designed to prevent spitback.

When I took the Luxe out of the box, I was instantly charmed by its luxurious aesthetic. It has a rugged body made of metal and durable plastic. I’m not gonna lie, this mod is not light. It seems to be a bit heavier than the Revenger X but much heftier than the SMOK Alien for example.

I turned it on, and was greeted with the bright colorful TFT screen and the illuminated LED Vaporesso and Luxe logo. The three-button interface was very easy to navigate. The menu is elaborate but well organized. You can customize the colors on the screen, or switch over to various modes. The screen also displays date and time, dual battery monitoring, and has a meter to display your wattage setting.

The Luxe mod provides tactile feedback. Every time you press the control buttons you feel it vibrate. It has an oversized firing button that is extremely ergonomic with a 0.001 response time. It seems to be putting out wattage accurately. I used it briefly in temp mode with an MTL tank and it didn’t let me down — the OMNI 4.0 chip is no joke. I can’t wait to see how it does with the 0.5 ohm CCell SS316 coil installed.

All in all, it’s been a pleasure using the Vaporesso Luxe kit so far. I enjoy the mod, even if it is a bit heavy. It feels very comfortable in my hand. The SKRR tank puts out a consistent vape each time and the flavor is on point. I haven’t experienced spit-back, leaking, dry hits or anything of the sort. It holds an impressive amount of e-juice, but it also goes through a lot of it quickly.

Stay tuned, as we will be posting a full review of the Luxe kit very soon. What do you like about the Luxe and SKRR kit by Vaporesso? Leave a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts