Suroin Drop review | Leak-free and making a splash

Suorin Drop review intro

The Suorin Drop is a stylish refillable pod vape designed to look like the shape of a teardrop. It comes with a 2 mL empty pod with a resistance of 1.3 ohms, and a tight draw that works exceptionally well for MTL vaping.

Fitted with a low-capacity 300 mAh internal battery, the Drop measures a mere 73 mm x 49 mm x 12 mm – which fits easily into the 5th pocket of my jeans. But although the Suorin Drop is small in stature, it has a notable heft and at ~65 grams with a full pod.

Retail Price: $34.99
Empty Pods: $$3.99
Colors: Black, Yellow, Tiffany Blue, Brushed Gunmetal, Red

Suroin Drop gallery

Suorin Drop specs and features

Kit Content

  • 1 x Suorin Drop battery
  • 1 x 2 mL cartridge
  • 1 x USB cable
  • 1 x User Manual

Specifications

  • Size: 73 x 49 x 12 mm
  • e-Juice Capacity: 2 mL
  • Battery Capacity: 300 mAh
  • Resistance: 1.3 – 1.4 Ohm
  • Charging time: 45 min
  • Charging Port: Micro USB
  • Water-drop design with portable size
  • Air switch for easy vaping and operation

Notable Remarks

A drop of this, a drop of that

Being a bit of a sucker for vape novelties, I bought a Suroin Drop out of sheer curiosity. And, well, because I think it looks awesome! I just had to have it. Plus, of the five or so vape shops I got to, I was told these kits have been selling fast. That’s how I ended up with a Tiffany Blue Drop. Not my choice. Just what was left.

I’ve used it for almost two weeks now and have a few things to say about my experience with it. Spoiler alert: I like it a lot more than the Suorin Air! But all is not perfect. Hopefully this short review can help you make an informed decision about whether you want to buy the Suorin Drop.

Design of the Suorin Drop

suorin-drop-kit

That body! The flattened teardrop form of the Drop is akin to the Vype Pebble but with a much more solid feel and refined design. It’s finished with an easy-to-grip rubber coating which has a soft & smooth feeling. The Drop feels secure in the hand, especially because it has a button that gives your fingers something to grab onto. But the button has no real “button” function – it’s not even an LED. But I do like having it there. Still kinda odd though.

Onto the pods. They’re leak resistant, spitback-free, and devoid of hot-pops. They are filled best filled with needle-tip droppers. The plugs to access the chamber for filling are attached (like on the Air), so you won’t have to fear losing them. One interesting aspect to the pods is that they have two chambers that are separate from each other (that have to be filled separately). I can’t tell if this was intentional or just necessary for the design of the pods (making way for the air path), but it’s odd.

The two separate chambers are attached to one wick – but frequently only one side of the pod’s two chambers seems to be getting depleted. I have left it like that overnight and the pods do equalize, but I can’t say how long it took. Normally when I see one side empty, I just refill it. No need to risk a burnt hit. But that also means I have to refill after only using half the pod’s capacity.

A few more issues with the pods: The Drop’s dark tinted pods can be hard to see through unless holding it up to a bright light (despite how it looks in pictures). You can hardly see the battery-level indicator light unless you’re in a dark room looking in a mirror (the pod lights up from the bottom as you draw on it). And though the pods should feel secure in the battery, the pods do not click into place. At all! It’s mush. I can take a pod out of the battery with just my mouth. Not cool.

Performance

suorin-drop

For my preferred style of vaping, the Drop has a top-notch hit. It’s a satisfyingly warm MTL draw. It’s not super tight (like on the Phix), but it’s tight.

The flavor is good too. It’s accurate, and the vapor is quite dense for the size (akin to a bulkier Aspire Breeze). In general, I love the vape from this thing. It hits kinda hard, so you might want to step down your nic a bit. Either way, it’s a great hit for salt eliquid.

But, I have had issues with the performance. Inconsistent hits, misfires, and it takes a little too long – over a second – for the device’s automatic draw to be activated from a cold state. The inconsistent hits could be all in my imagination, but the misfires are not! Every once and awhile, I go to take a draw – which is already a bit slow to be activated – and a few seconds in I realize I am sucking on air. Ugh!

Likes

  • No leaking
  • Can vape two juices at once
  • Refillable
  • 2 mL capacity
  • Short break-in for the coils
  • Pass-thru
  • Top-notch MTL draw

Dislikes

  • Misfires
  • Typical battery life with only 300 mAh
  • Barely visible battery indicator light
  • Split second delay is annoying
  • Pods mush into the battery (no click)
  • Pods not very secure in the battery
  • The pods two chambers don’t deplete at the same rate
  • Did I say misfires? (Might need to be said twice)

Verdict

The Suroin Drop is more than an aesthetically pleasing design. It’s reasonably priced and a big plus is the refillable pods are only $3.99. My one pod has lasted over two weeks with no drop off in flavor or vapor. It’s a helluva vape.

But I think the issues need to get worked out… like in a version two. The unsecure pods, slow-to-ramp coils, the odd wicking of just one side of the pod, and especially the misfires are my biggest gripes. I am still able to enjoy the device though, like, a lot! I just wish I would’ve known about those issues before buying. I likely would’ve waited for a sale.

I recommend this device if you are a pod chaser and also a big fan of a tight MTL draw. The Drop gives good flavor and killer hits. If that’s not enough for you to look past its shortcomings, you just saved a minimum of $30.

What do you think about the Drop? Sound off in the comments section below.

Save 10%

Comments

Popular Posts